Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mike and I celebrate 35 years

Mike and I have been married now for 35 years. I feel like we have been married forever, and I mean that in a good way. We have had a good marriage, and we look forward to many more years together.

We started our evening with our children and grandchildren wishing us a Happy Anniversary with cards, candy, sparkling cider and lots of hugs and kisses. Mike was so sweet and brought me flowers to my office. We then started our evening going to look at Model Homes, we like to do that. Then we went to dinner, did a little shopping, then on the way home we stopped by the Church we got married. I was not a member of the church when we got married, so we married at the LDS Church on the Esplanade at 7pm February 2, 1974. We got out and walked around and talked about our wedding, and about the old building, that his Uncle help build back in the day. It was fun to step back in time, for just a minute.



Mike said that the window you see with the light on is the room where he was getting ready. When I showed up in front of the church in the big white car, his cousin told him I was there, that I had arrived. How exciting!!!



When we got home, we saw paper hearts everywhere, and toilet paper hanging from the tree outside, hearts on the sidewalk etc. I guess my favorite Mother in law had come out to the house and with the help of my grandchildren, they had a party of their own. It was fun to come home to something so fun.



This heart says it all. If there is a reason to celebrate, then out comes the toilet paper.

It was the perfect ending to a perfect evening.


I

1 comment:

Alexis said...

You are so lucky you have the in-laws you have! :)