
Yesterday was my mother-in-laws 79
th birthday. So I got up early and took flowers over to her house and put them on her porch, along with confetti that I sprinkled all over the place . I took the flowers over before I went to work, so she would find them early, and it would start her day off nice. She deserves to have a nice day. Love you Mom ! xoxoxo

Later in the day Alicia and Jenni took her out for a drive to go buy some chocolates and then they went to buy some flowers for her yard. When I got home I got her cake ready for her birthday party. She told me she'd like chocolate cake, but it had to have money in it. When she was very young she went to a birthday party and the cake they ate had quarters, dimes, and nickles that were wrapped in foil and put in the cake before the frosting was put on. She said she's always loved that idea. So I agreed to put the money in her cake, after all it is her birthday. So each person is surprised to find a special something in their own piece of cake.


I love this picture.

Gavin and Leah helped Grandma blow her candles out.


Grandma and Grandpa at Burger Hut. She wanted to eat here for her birthday dinner, so we all went and had a nice time. She is sitting here with a rose that Seth gave her,
what a nice surprise !!!

Here she is with some of her Great Grandchildren, Leah, Gavin,
Dallin and Devin.

James, Colin, Emma and Alicia. How fun to all be together !

Micheal, Seth, Terrell and Jenni.

Here is the birthday girl receiving birthday calls from her loved ones. I think she is talking to Mike this particular time. We all enjoyed our time with Mom, Grandma and Great Grandma. It was fun watching her blow out her candles. We are
grateful for her and all she does for us, but especially for her wonderful example to all of us, and for her unconditional love. We can't wait for next years birthday when she'll be "Plenty Nine" again !!!
2 comments:
the cake is beautiful! I think i might have to steal that idea from you too...and I'm drooling at the mention of burger hut. I miss that place!
I love Betty. She is the best grandmother and a great example of that. She is a woman who serves unconditionally. I remember when John and I first got together she was so sweet to us. I love the pics of that family that actually lived there. Yes, I like the idea of money cake too! Happy Birthday Betty!!!
Post a Comment