
If you look hard enough while you're working, you can always find treasures.

About 6:45 am this morning, Seth, Terrell and I went down to our apartment complex to try and fix a water heater problem. The water heater has been making noises that our tenants do not like. I guess after a while they build up
sediment in the bottom. Sometimes you can break that
sediment up by putting Apple Cider Vinegar in it and let it set for several hours, then flush it out. So that is what we tried to do. Then we went out to the Durham
Cemetery for "Make a Difference Day" to clean and groom the
cemetery. We needed to be there by 8am, that is why we got such an early start.

We had to connect a hose to the waterheater to drain the water out.

Terrell and Seth making sure everything is working ok, what a team !

We were only about a half an hour late to the cemetery, but we did get there.

Look at these hard workers. Joe, me, and Terrell.

We had about 50 people show up to help .



Joe, Frank, and Terrell.

Some of our Primary children taking a break for a picture. I think they are going to submit this picture to The Friend Magazine.

Then on the way home, Terrell and I ran out of Gas !!!! On the way out to Durham I asked Terrell if we should get some gas for Old Yellar. He said "We probably have plenty, we'll get some on the way home", I said ok. Maybe I was recieving inspiration. Anyway, we went to the cemetery, worked hard, then drove to a place where you can dump yard clippings etc. which is just down the street from the cemetery. Terrell dumps the clippings, then we drive out of the place and get on the highway and the truck dies. Now Terrell already had tricked me on the way out and said we were out of gas, as a joke, well this time he wasn't joking. So we called Seth and asked him to bring us some gas. This is him driving up laughing at us.


Got to love this old work truck of ours.

I guess they are finished and Seth is headed back to his truck.

You can see what I was doing while they were putting gas in the truck. I took pictures of them and started taking pictures of my own shadow.

We had a good morning. While I was raking leaves and debris from the cemetery I couldn't help but notice the little treasures along the way. I found Oak balls, acorns of all sizes, and beautiful fall leaves. I couldn't help but pick them up and bring them home to show my grandchildren. There is something about finding these treasures and putting them in a bag and taking them home. I'm not sure what I'll do with them, but it was fun collecting them. Happy Saturday !
1 comment:
Seeing that yellow truck reminds me of cutting Christmas trees down in the snow... good times! :)
Post a Comment