Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ralphs 82nd Birthday Luncheon...gone funny !!!

Our family got together at Burger Hut to have a birthday party for Ralph. It was a beautiful day and we all wanted Ralph to know how much we love and appreciate him, we had a real nice time, but no one knew about the craziness that would soon happen.


As we were gathering out on the patio of Burger Hut, we saw this guy walk up, a weird looking guy ! We discovered it was my son Seth. Earlier in the day he was telling me of a party he would be going to, a "White Trash Party" . He would be going that evening. So when he showed up to the party, he had on the costume he would be wearing to the party. I frankly couldn't believe what I saw. It was pretty funny, after I got over the shock of what he looked like. Grandpa thought it was pretty funny too. Seth had on that funny wig, a fake lip piercing, nylon gloves that made it look like you had tattoos on your arms, crazy sunglasses, cut off levies, boots with socks pulled way up. His friend had a similar costume on too.

Grandpa wanted to try on the wig and glasses.

He seemed to enjoy being dressed up and all the attention we gave him.

He really hammed it up. I don't know who was funnier, Seth or Grandpa.

Quite the "Odd Couple" don't you think?

I have to say the costume was pretty funny, and he got a lot of laughs out of it. Even friends of ours saw him driving around town and didn't know quite what to think, they wondered who was driving Seths car. One of the gals I work with saw him in the evening, and had to get a picture with him........only Seth !!!!

I still think my hair looks best ! All in all Grandpa seemed to have a really nice time, with a few laughs along the way. Happy 82nd Birthday Ralph.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a funny post Nanci!!! That is way too funny. So like Ralph to just ham it up like that. He has the best sense of humor, such a neat guy. Happy Birthday Ralph!!