Monday, January 26, 2009

A wonderful Tribute to my Aunt Patsy

Today I went to the funeral of my Aunt Patsy. Here I am with her husband Johnny Enos at the dinner after the funeral, which was held in the Parish Hall by the Catholic Church in Willows where they live. It was good to see cousins and other relatives I haven't seen in a long time. I took a few pictures, and we exchanged addresses, and talked of a cousins reunion. I talked with my fathers cousins, and talked of Ireland, where they all were born. It was really fun. I love my Irish Heritage. Some people may think it isn't any big deal, but it is to me. After all I am not just a little Irish like some people claim to be. My father was born and raised in Belfast Ireland, so I'm pretty Irish. There were a lot of people who came to the funeral to pay their respects to her and her family, a wonderful tribute to her. Uncle Johnny did pretty good today, but he did have a little break down at the cemetery that about broke my heart. I love he and Patsy, and I pray the Lord will bless Johnny during this difficult time. I will miss my Aunt Patsy too.

3 comments:

Christian and Brooke Bowers said...

I'm glad you and Micheal have updated your blogs. I was sad to hear about Aunt Patsy. My mom said the funeral was nice. You'll have to check out our blog that we started:)

Alicia said...

I wish I could have made it over there with you.

John and Sarah Mason said...

Nanci, it was wonderful to see you and spend time with you. What a great picture of you and Uncle Johnny. Would you please post some of the cousin pictures? I love you.