My Aunt Patsy passed away this past week on Jan 20th. She has been fighting Cancer for quite some time. She is my dads sister, she was 71 years old. I really loved my Aunt. She was a very special lady. It was always fun to be around her because she was a "with it" kind of aunt. She liked things to be nice and she always made things and events nice. She always made me feel like "being Irish" was special, and since she was born in Ireland, like my dad and the rest of the family, it was special to her, and it is to me too. You know what they say, there are really only two kind of people in the world, those who are Irish and those who want to be! I think that is so funny. Anyway, although I didn't get to see her all the time, we spoke on the phone , and exchanged a few recipes, and saw each other at family gatherings. We shared some genealogy when she knew I was starting to get interested in it, and she gave me some family pictures. I will miss her very much, just knowing she was there. I will miss talking to her, learning about my Irish heritage. Her funeral is tomorrow.Sunday, January 25, 2009
In Memory of my Aunt Patsy
My Aunt Patsy passed away this past week on Jan 20th. She has been fighting Cancer for quite some time. She is my dads sister, she was 71 years old. I really loved my Aunt. She was a very special lady. It was always fun to be around her because she was a "with it" kind of aunt. She liked things to be nice and she always made things and events nice. She always made me feel like "being Irish" was special, and since she was born in Ireland, like my dad and the rest of the family, it was special to her, and it is to me too. You know what they say, there are really only two kind of people in the world, those who are Irish and those who want to be! I think that is so funny. Anyway, although I didn't get to see her all the time, we spoke on the phone , and exchanged a few recipes, and saw each other at family gatherings. We shared some genealogy when she knew I was starting to get interested in it, and she gave me some family pictures. I will miss her very much, just knowing she was there. I will miss talking to her, learning about my Irish heritage. Her funeral is tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment