
We have enjoyed our garden very much this year, and it's been fun with everyone helping. But I realized that with Work, Church Responsibilities, Baseball Games etc, that having a garden is even MORE WORK ! But I find it to be the relaxing kind of work, it is dirty work, especially when it is
sooooooo HOT outside.

We've had to fight Gofers this year and they have eaten some of our best plants, then we had to replant, but now we are starting to eat some of the things we have grown, it's exciting! My son in law Terrell has been great at keeping the drip system going, he really is a little Farmer!

We can't wait until these tomatoes turn red !

Our Scarecrow that my Grandchildren and I built together is still guarding our garden, and doing a very good job of it.

I had every color of peppers in the garden but the gofers ate my yellow, red and purple ones, so I only have green ones left, oh well.

The beans are doing great !

We have green onions, carrots, radishes, celery, corn, yellow squash,
zucchini, tomatoes of many varieties,
jalapeno peppers,
pickling peppers, watermelon, potatoes and a few other things.



Plums from our plum tree. ( A story about them at a later date)

Last nights picking !

I talked Mike and Terrell into helping me snap and cut the beans, so I could blanch them before I froze them. I appreciated their help so much, and it didn't take very long since they helped. Thanks guys !

Don't they look nice?

Off to the freezer!

We'll have corn soon......we can't wait !
2 comments:
Your garden is amazing! I can't wait til next year to plant more in mine . . . looks like I'm only going to end up with herbs and zucchini
that is an awesome garden! I'm so jealous of everything you got to plant!
Post a Comment