Sunday, March 8, 2009

"Oscar Night" with Dallin and Emma

My Grandchildren Dallin and Emma were in a play this past week. Their school has been putting on a play every year for about eight years now, and they are plays you don't want to miss, they are that good. I really enjoyed this years play. It had a lot of singing and dancing, poodle skirts, black leather jackets, and a spin on Little Red Riding Hood, so funny! I presented Dallin and Emma with their own Oscar Award after the play.

This was the Title and it was on the tickets as well as the Programs.

Here is Dallin in the Middle of these girls. He was a real natural when it came to the dancing.

Here is Emma with her "husband". She did such a cute job being" the Mother".

I went to the party store and bought these statues (I wanted gold but they only had silver), they were about 7 inches tall, then I made the tags for the fronts and glued them on, then glued the statue on a black base and put candy around the bottom, then wrapped each of them in cello. They were fun to make.


After the play, Alicia had an "After Party" with Ice Cream. My pictures of the play didn't turn out that great, so I hope Alicia will put some of hers on her Blog. But you had to be there to appreciate how well the children did. I look forward to next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first saw that picture of Emma on the couch, I thought how much she looked like her mother. That's eerie.

Christian and Brooke Bowers said...

That is so cute! I wish our school would do plays . . .sounds like so much fun . . . miss you guys!

Alexis said...

those are cute awards!